We aim to be as environmentally friendly as possible at Chalet La Taupiniere, and we hope you will join us in our commitment to the environment and sustainable tourism. We aim to continually improve to protect the natural environment.
La Taupiniere has already taken to following steps to reduce our environmental impact:
- Chalet La Taupiniere has 18 photovoltaic panels creating a 5.2kwh system, which powers the chalet during the day
- The indoor swimming pool is heated for about 9 months of the year by an air-source heat pump, which is powered by the PV panels during the day. This means the pool is always a comfortable temperature – around 28-29c. In winter the pool is heated by electricity, on a green/renewable energy tariff.
- La Taupiniere has energy-efficient LED bulbs throughout
- All our major electrical equipment (fridge/freezer, washing machine, dishwasher etc) has a high energy rating (A+ or higher)
- Our purchased electricity is also from renewable sources, thanks to Groupe E
- The toilets are dual flush to save water
- Our towels are made from bamboo and cotton. Bamboo grows 3-4ft per day making it a very eco choice. It also happens to be wonderfully soft and very absorbent. It’s also naturally anti-microbial and anti-fungal.
- All our communications with you will be by email, saving paper and postage.
What you can do to support the environment during your stay:
- Turn off lights when not being used, turn down the heating, and turn off electrical equipment (phone chargers etc) as much as possible, and please do not leaving anything on standby (eg radio, MP3 player)
- Actively reduce, reuse and recycle. There is plastic (PET) and glass recycling in the village. For paper/cardboard etc please use the ‘dechetterie’ in Epagny (map & times by the refuse area)